The baby boom generations is growing older, and with that comes more senior citizens on the road. Luckily, people in their 50’s and 60’s pay less fir car insurance than any other age group. After 75, however, insurance rates increase sharply, this is because the elderly get into nearly the same amount of accidents as teenagers, and the rates reflect this fact.
In the end the best insurance company for you is going to be one that meets your individual needs. Older drivers generally prefer companies with great customer service and are willing to pay a little more for it. As senior you may prefer to purchase a policy through an agency so that you always have a contact that can answer your questions. Here are a few considerations that you may want to take as a senior citizen looking for car insurance:
- Would you rather handle your insurance policy through an agency or would you like to manage it online?
- You should find an insurance company that will reward your good driving history.
- You may want to consider getting multiple policies from teh same insurer.
- Choose good medical coverage.
- Look up pricing for usage based insurance if you are retired and as a result are driving much less.
When choosing an insurance company it’s important to find one that will suit your needs. By doing some research you can find affordable insurance, reflective of your lifestyle, while still maintaining your needs.